Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rebecca: The Fisherwoman!

Steps to becoming a great fisherwoman:

1. Receive a great rod and reel for graduation! (Thanks Matt!)
2. A body of water and a boat of sorts (French Creek State Park and Kayaks!)
3. Anchors so that I can fish without floating to the very end of the lake in no time.
4. Bait and actually knowing how to bait one's hook. I used a rubbery warm which Matt taught me repetitively how to hook.
5. Perfecting the perfect cast...after throwing it onto the big rock wall a couple of times I landed it right by the boats along the shore.
6. HOOK THAT FISH!!! WOOOHOOOO! I got my first fish 3 casts into the afternoon. I caught a large mouth bass. The hook went so far in I had to have Matt help me get it out but it was AWESOME!
7. Catch a lot of seaweed and get impatient about catching fish while watching Matt catch 3 fish.
8. As the sun goes down catch that small mouth bass fish!
9. Remind yourself next time to actually bring a jacket as my hands were blue and my whole body was shaking by the end.

All in all great first fishing experience! I got the biggest one of the day!

Getting ready to go off and meet my co counselor for the summer!

1 comment:

  1. i can see you fishing...i went fishing last week with a spear and a dorito bag to attract the fish...needless-to-say, you're beating me in the caught category

    ReplyDelete